View this tutorial on how to find ebooks & audio books at the MSUB Library. Click the YouTube link on the bottom right corner to view the video in full size.
Looking for a book in electronic format? Your library account login information may be required.
The MSUB Library mails library books to distance learners who only take classes online and who live outside of the Yellowstone County area. Requesting books to be mailed is easy! We pay the postage to mail the book to you and include a label with return postage so you can mail it back to us! For Billings students enrolled in online classes, your books will be held at the Library's Circulation Desk.
Online distance learners have 2 ways to request books (or media) owned by the MSUB Library. You can order books by submitting a request through your Interlibrary Loan account or by placing a hold in the Library's catalog.
1. Submit a request via your Interlibrary Loan (ILL) account. Click here to create a new ILL account. Select Dist Ed Stdnt as your status if you are online only and reside outside of Yellowstone County. This will help us process your requests correctly.
2. Once you are logged into your ILL account, select "Book" from the New Request form options:
3. Fill out the form and submit. Please note that required fields have a red *.
4. Library staff will pull the item from the shelf and mail it to your home. You pay the return postage. Be aware that library fines are charged for overdue library materials.
The 2nd option to request a book is to place a hold in the Library's online catalog.
1. Sign-in with you NetID & Password
2. Type your search terms into PowerSearch and click on the title that you want. Remember, that we have access to thousands of ebooks so watch for immediate online access!
3. Select Place Hold
4. Select "MSU Billings" for pickup location if you are a local student. Select "Personal Delivery: Home Address" if you live outside of Yellowstone County and only attend classes online.
After the hold has been placed, you will see a hold confirmation screen. When the book is available, you will be notified either by phone or email. If you live outside of the Yellowstone County area, be sure to let the Library Staff know that you would like the book mailed to your home. Students residing within Yellowstone County can pick up their item at the Library's circulation desk.